Search This Blog

Thursday 18 March 2010

Road Survey

The main roundabout in town today made me think.

I drove the children to school, came home, did the return journey later and then drove our other car over to the garage we use for its service/MoT/Brakes etc.

Every time the retired army of fluorescent jackets sat in deck chairs all day would have clicked or noted a button or something.

Which tells us what? That at 8-9am, and from 3-30 until 5 the main roundabout next to the hospital in Eastbourne, which is pretty unavoidable, is really really busy.

This made me think of two things. What are they going to do with this data? Yes its really really busy, but there isn't room for an alternative stretch of road to take the burden off this area. Oh, and please tell me we are not going to have to put traffic lights on a roundabout. That will really sort it out. Just give way to the right, how hard can it be?

But, here is the real point. When I retire, I will have spent forty years fighting through the traffic every morning and evening. If anyone catches my in a fluorescent jacket counting the miserable fuckers who still have to do it every day, with my Thermos and deck chair, then please take me outside and put me out of my misery. At least do it as revenge for all of the traffic lights that my data will have caused you to endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment